Monday, January 19, 2009

Pancit Molo

Here's one dish that I cook regularly. I got this from the Del Monte Kitchenomics book that has been in our family for more than 15 years. It's my mom's. She gave the recipe book to me in March 2007 and I plan to give it to my daughter when she gets married. Hopefully it's still in good condition.

The original Kitchenomics Pancit Molo recipe requires tomato sauce. I don't include tomato sauce because I like my soup clear and not orange.

*****************

Ingredients

1 pack wanton wrappers

Filling:

1/4 kilo ground pork
1 medium singkamas, chopped
1 egg
5 stems kinchay, chopped
3 medium shrimps, chopped

Soup:

8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
chicken broth
15pcs medium shrimps, shells removed and chopped
1 cup cooked chicken, flaked
3 green onlion leaves, chopped

Mix all ingredients for filling. Add salt and pepper. Wrap one teaspoon of filling in a wanton wrapper. Seal edges with water. Do the same for the rest of the filling. Tear remaining wrappers, if any, into strips. Set aside.

Saute garlic and onions in oil. Pour in chicken broth. Season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
Bring to a boil. Add shrimps, chicken and stuffed wanton. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Sprinkle with green onions before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment